Rules and Regulations
1. This is a boat tournament, six anglers per boat maximum. No changes will be permitted after the conclusion of the Captain’s Meeting. The Captain’s Meeting will be held at The Islander Resort Beachside on Friday, June 9, 2023 at 8:15pm. Angler Captains need to be present.
2. The rules of this tournament may be amended verbally or in writing at the time of the meeting. Anglers are responsible for knowing all the rules.
3. Only fish weighed in the presence of the angler who caught it will be considered officially entered in the tournament. Dolphin, Wahoo, Mackerel, Kingfish, Black Fin Tuna, Yellow Fin Tuna, Cobia, Snapper and Grouper are the only species of fish eligible for prizes. All fish presented for weigh in must be fresh, in edible condition and caught on tournament day. The tournament committee will determine acceptability of fish. All fish presented must adhere to size and bag limits of the State of Florida.
4. Billfish are not eligible for entry in this tournament.
5. Only six fish per boat (maximum of two non dolphin species) shall be allowed to be weighed for the Overall Boat Category. All entries must be weighed at the Islander Resort Fishing Pier Beachside. Each angler will be allowed to weigh six fish maximum. No fish can be weighed twice for the Individual Angler Categories but CAN be included in the Overall Boat.
6. Junior anglers constitute kids 12 years of age through 15 years of age. Pee Wee anglers constitute children 11 years of age and under.
7. Fishing hours are 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. Lines out of the Ater at 3pm! Hours for weigh in are from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm. You must log in your time of arrival at the dock with the weigh master, even if your fish cannot be weighed at that time. Teams bringing fish in coolers from other locations must be physically checked in with the weigh master (including the fish to be weighed) by 4:00pm. The logged time will determine the winner in the event of a tie. There will be no formal committee boat for this tournament.
8. Anglers must hook and fight their own fish. Anglers are allowed to keep their fish. International Game Fish Association rules will prevail. All fish must be caught on rod and reel. No electric reels. Live bait is permitted. Any protest concerning conduct or rules violations must be filed in writing with the Tournament Committee the day of the violation no later than 5:30 pm.
9. Tournament winners will be awarded their prizes at the Awards Banquet during the Sunday Brunch.
10. In the event of a tie in weight, the winner shall be determined by the earliest weigh in time.
11. No refunds will be given. In case of bad weather, the Tournament Committee will determine whether the tournament should be postponed. All boats and anglers are responsible for their own well being and determinate of safe sea conditions.
12. All participating anglers must possess a valid Florida Saltwater Fishing License unless fishing with a commercial charter boat.